Reservations or requests:
Tel: +27 72 0400 614
Fax: 086 270 6183
Directions to Agama Tented Camp:
Please do not use the directions given by Google Earth or Google maps. Despite many attempts to have it rectified, Google Earth and Google Maps will still attempt to take you to the camp via ancient roads which are not in use anymore.
The following coordinates will take you to the entrance gate of Agama Tented Camp:
From there, follow the signs for approx 10km toward the camp.
On the N7 (Cape to Namibia route), approximately 10km north of Garies (for those travelling north on the N7) or 39km south of Kamieskroon (for those travelling south on the N7), you will find a turn-off Klipfontein/Middelkraal. Take this turn-off towards Klipfontein.
• Follow the tar road to Klipfontein for approx 1,8km;
• Look out for the white Agama Entrance sign on your right, shortly after the last bend in the road;
• This gate has a combination lock. Guests receive the code on receipt of deposit payment;
• Follow the signs for approx 10km which will lead you into the kloof where the camp is situated;
• En route to the camp you will pass two old farm houses and a stoor (barn & cattle kraal) – just keep following the signs past all of them;
• IMPORTANT: When you arrive at a closed gate, PLEASE close the gate when you are through. When passing through an open gate, please leave it OPEN. When travelling in a convoy of vehicles, please make sure that the last vehicle knows the status (open or closed) of all the gates! It is the task of the first vehicle in the convoy to ensure that the last vehicle's driver is informed.
• Please drive slowly once entering the farm (30km/h max). Young lambs and calves have the tendency to run into the road when vehicles approach. Because of bushes on the side of the road, it is often impossible to see them until it is too late!
WE TRUST THAT YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS FINDING THE CAMP AND WISH YOU A SAFE JOURNEY!